[CIG-SEISMO] Is SH plane-wave implemented in specfem2d?

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Aug 10 16:52:51 PDT 2015

Hi Seokho,

I do not think that is implemented yet, but it is easy to add.
Just type this to see where current P-SV plane waves are implemented:

grep -i plane src/*/*90

and when you see lines implementing them (at least in files
src/specfem2D/prepare_initial_field.F90 and
src/specfem2D/compute_Bielak_conditions.f90, maybe more) change them to:

if (p_sv) then ! P-SV waves
   leave the current statements here
else ! SH waves
   add your SH plane wave here; apply it to component number 2 of the
displacement / velocity / acceleration arrays, since if I remember
correctly in the 2D code components 1 and 3 are for P-SV and component 2
is for SH (please doublecheck)
endif

If you implement that please submit it to the official source code
(following
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d/wiki/Using-Git-for-SPECFEM ),
it will be a useful contribution (and add your name to the AUTHORS file
and to authors.tex in the users manual).

Thanks,
Dimitri.