[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D:Mesh Faults Manually

ali majidi ali.majidinejad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 07:10:07 PST 2015

Dear SPECFEM Developers,
I am a PhD student working on spontaneous rupture dynamics. I have
done my 2d simulations with SEM2DPACK(by J.Ampuero) and recently
shifted on SPECFEM3D for my 3d models, but unfortunately I have no
access to cubit(trellis) for meshing the domains. in the manual it is
said that the only way to mesh with split nodes is to use cubit. I
wanted to ask you if it is possible to send me a final set of mesh
files(just before implementing scotch) created for run with SPECFEM
for one of the " FAULT BENCHMARK PROBLEMS" provided in examples
directory, making it possible for me to mesh the domains manually with
my own code.
best regards
ali majidi