[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D, CUBIT and CPML

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Feb 9 15:00:02 PST 2015

Hi Andrea,

You can adapt this routine I wrote in the 3D version of the code:

utils/CPML/convert_external_layers_of_a_given_mesh_to_CPML_layers.f90

It assigns CPML flags to the outer layers of an existing CUBIT/TRELIS
mesh. (note that it is better to have a regular i.e. non distorted mesh
in these outer layers)

If you adapt it to 2D then please email it to me and I will add it to
the official Git version of the 2D code. (or commit it to Git using
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d/wiki/Using-Git-for-SPECFEM  )

For your tests I suggest you use the "devel" version of the code rather
than the stable one:

git clone --recursive --branch devel
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem2d.git

(or git checkout --branch devel  in your existing copy)

To get the 3D program I mentioned:

git clone --recursive --branch devel
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d.git

Best,