[CIG-SEISMO] Error with running the solver with gpu

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Nov 25 10:57:44 PST 2015

Hi,

Answer from Etienne Bachmann:

"I guess the error is due to the way we impose the architecture setting
on GPU ==> relating the cuda version ( cuda, cuda5, cuda6 ... ) to the
architecture (gencode 25 35 ...).
In the CUDA samples, they generate the code for each architecture
regardless to the cuda version, we probably should do like that too.

A quick solution for this error is to comment out, in the
./src/cuda/mesh_constants_cuda.h file, the flags :
#define USE_TEXTURES_FIELDS
#define USE_TEXTURES_CONSTANTS

Etienne"