[CIG-SEISMO] converting the SPECFEM2D license from CeCILL to GNU?

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Nov 26 05:49:02 PST 2015

Dear all,

We are trying to clean the source code of SPECFEM2D to make it more
similar to that of the 3D versions (3D and 3D_GLOBE). Thanks in
particular to Daniel, Alexis and Etienne for that!

In the process we noticed that for historical reasons SPECFEM2D uses a
license called CeCILL, which is a French equivalent of GNU GPL v2+,
while 3D and 3D_GLOBE use GNU.

Would you mind if we switched to GNU GPL v2+?

In principle all developers who have worked on the SPECFEM2D source code
have to agree, thus if you *disagree* please send me an email before
December 6, otherwise let us say that on Monday December 7 I will
permanently switch to GNU.

Thanks,