[CIG-SEISMO] The problem of installing Mineos (1.0.2 release)

Caroline Beghein cbeghein at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:17:21 PDT 2016

Dear Neo,

I just (re)installed Mineos on my computer and encountered similar issues when using the binaries provided for download on the CIG website. I ended up downloading the source package (mineos-1.0.2.tgz [2011-07-06] under “SOURCE PACKAGES”) and compiled it. It worked after that.

However, I am on a Mac using UNIX and not a PC with Windows, so if you have tried the Windows binary, you might be better off installing Linux on your computer and recompiling everything like I did.

Good luck!

Caroline Beghein
Associate Professor, University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences
http://faculty.epss.ucla.edu/~cbeghein