[CIG-SEISMO] why rotating tensor in model_aniso_mantle.f90 in specfem3D_globe

Qinya Liu liuqinya at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 20:36:44 PDT 2016

Hi Zhitu,

I took a quick look at the subroutine. It seems that the model that
has been implemented is the  (Montagner, 2002) model modified by Min
Chen. I am not entire sure how this model was parameterized and
presented, but my guess is dij is the local elastic tensor, which can
be constructed from the model input files. Then a rotation is applied
to transform it into the global coordinate system: x1=(0 lat 0 lon),
x2=(0 lat, 90 lon), x3=north pole, as most of the calculations in SEM
are done in the global coordinates.

Hope this helps & Good luck,
Qinya