[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D: ADJOINT example not working + missing files

Gary justfornameonly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:03:15 PDT 2017

Dear developers,

I am new to the specfem3d code and I am trying to get familiar with it by
looking at the examples.  I am interested in simulating a synthetic seismic
attribute (e.g. impedance, RMS amplitude, instantaneous frequency, or
time-shift) for an oil and gas reservoir, so I was looking at the
BENCHMARK_CLAERBOUT_ADJOINT
example, which I thought would be the closest to what I am interested in.
However, I am not able to run this example for both acoustic and elastic
cases, which give the following error when ran using $
./run_inhomogeneous.bash

> ./run_inhomogeneous.bash: line 42: $1: unbound variable

Also, some of the python mesh creation files produce an error in Cubit
because it needs cubit2specfem3d.py, and I believe this file is missing
from the specfem3d repository.

Can you please help? I have been looking for one example to simulate a
seismic response of a synthetic oil and gas reservoir, so I will really
appreciate your kind help. Thanks!

Best regards,
Gary