[CIG-SEISMO] Potential bug in SPECFEM3D_Cartisen

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Jul 24 09:54:22 PDT 2017

Hi Junwei,

Thank you very much. Very useful. Do you know how this should be fixed?
If so, could you please send me the fix, or submit it directly as a pull
request, following
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d/wiki/Using-Git-for-SPECFEM ?

Thank you,

On 07/24/2017 06:11 PM, Junwei Huang wrote:
> Hi developers,
> Would like to report that this line of code may cause issues:
>
> Inline image 1
>

> As iglob_is_surface_external_mesh is true for the external meshes only
> and the loop is iterating within internal nodes,
> iglob_is_surface_external_mesh is always false.
>
> It can cause issues when "SOURCES_CAN_BE_BURIED" or
> "RECEIVERS_CAN_BE_BURIED" are false. Hope it makes sense.
>
> Best regards,
> Junwei

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr