[CIG-SEISMO] integrated inversion tool for SPECFEM3D (will be released before the summer)

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Jun 6 09:26:33 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Vadim Monteiller here in our group has created a nice integrated FWI
tool for SPECFEM3D (based on L-BFGS and following
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI2_Vadim_2015.pdf Sections 3 and
4). The advantage is that it uses no I/Os to disk, all the inversion
routines (computing sensitivity kernels, smoothing them, summing,
iterating) are called from a single (parallel) calling program and thus
only memory is used.
We have designed a set of examples, which we will put in BuildBot.

We will release it before the summer, Vadim is finishing a few final tests.

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr