[CIG-SEISMO] 回复: Fwd: RE: suspicious bug of the gravity calculations

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Jun 5 04:39:35 PDT 2017

Hi Ming,

Thanks; regarding Z=-10m it depends how large your model is, the minimum
Z value to use so that 1/z is not singular should probably be a value
that is not too small compared to the typical size of your model,
otherwise 1/z is OK mathematically but may be problematic from a
numerical point of view (?).

Also, in most cases people compute the field outside of the model rather
than inside, i.e. for positive values of Z. Please check e.g.
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_Roland_Martin_2013.pdf or
references therein to see if the formulas remain OK for points inside
the model rather than outside (I do not remember; Roland knows more
about this than I do).

thanks