[CIG-SEISMO] Sun Junping is right, the "current release" sections have vanished from the CIG Web site for some reason

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed May 17 07:53:58 PDT 2017

Items under "Current Release" show up there as a result of flags in the
software release database that are part of the Admin Tools within the
CIG website. There are check boxes for whether it is recent or active.

For SPECFEM3D Cartesian, the most recent version listed is 2.0.2
(SPECFEM3D_Cartesian_V2.0.2.tar.gz) released on 2012-07-05 and the
"active" flag is "no". My guess is that at some point it was set to "no"
because it was so far behind the repository.

I think CIG is willing to set the flags, etc to meet the developers
wishes for what shows up as current and previous releases, so if you
need changes, let them know (send email to cig-help at geodynamics.org).