[CIG-SEISMO] Sun Junping is right, the "current release" sections have vanished from the CIG Web site for some reason

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed May 17 08:34:43 PDT 2017

Hi Brad, Hi all,

Thanks a lot. We should just remove the old version and put this instead:

"To get the current version, just type:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d.git "

(this is for SPECFEM3D_Cartesian, for 2D and 3D_globe it would be

git clone --recursive https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem2d.git

or

git clone --recursive https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d_globe.git

Could somebody do it? (I do not have the password to do it)

Thanks,

On 05/17/2017 04:53 PM, Brad Aagaard wrote:
> Items under "Current Release" show up there as a result of flags in the
> software release database that are part of the Admin Tools within the
> CIG website. There are check boxes for whether it is recent or active.
>
> For SPECFEM3D Cartesian, the most recent version listed is 2.0.2
> (SPECFEM3D_Cartesian_V2.0.2.tar.gz) released on 2012-07-05 and the
> "active" flag is "no". My guess is that at some point it was set to "no"
> because it was so far behind the repository.
>
> I think CIG is willing to set the flags, etc to meet the developers
> wishes for what shows up as current and previous releases, so if you
> need changes, let them know (send email to cig-help at geodynamics.org).
>
> Regards,
> Brad
>

> On 05/17/2017 07:37 AM, Dimitri Komatitsch wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sun Junping is right, the "current release" sections have vanished
>> from the CIG Web site for some reason. See e.g.
>> https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/specfem3d/ and
>> https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/specfem2d/ , they are empty.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dimitri.
>>
>> On 05/17/2017 04:35 PM, Dimitri Komatitsch wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Sun Junping,
>>>
>>> Sure, they are free and open source, you can get them from
>>> https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/specfem3d/ and
>>> https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/specfem2d/ by typing the Git
>>> command that we give on these pages.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Dimitri.

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr