[CIG-SEISMO] specfem question

James A. Smith jas11 at Princeton.EDU
Sun Nov 5 12:31:53 PST 2017

Hi John,

What happens if you type 'make xspecfem2D' in your specfem2d directory?

This should build the xspecfem2D executable in your bin folder.

James

________________________________
From: CIG-SEISMO [cig-seismo-bounces at geodynamics.org] on behalf of John Rahill [johnrahill at college.harvard.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 4:35 PM
To: cig-seismo at geodynamics.org
Subject: [CIG-SEISMO] specfem question

Hello,

My name is John Rahill and I am a senior at Harvard University. I am using SPECFEM2D/3D for my senior thesis project to model high frequency wave sin elastic media in the near subsurface.

I have been running various simulations with different parameters thus far, but I am having trouble executing the ./bin/xspecfem2D command. Currently in the bin folder there is only xmeshfem2D and xmeshfem2D.dSYM.

I am wondering whether I set up the program fully / correctly, or if I am just trying to execute the command incorrectly or from the wrong directory.

Thank you very much for the help,
John