[CIG-SEISMO] specfem2d receivers on surface with an external mesh

Giuseppe Di Giulio giuseppe.digiulio at ingv.it
Mon Nov 6 04:26:32 PST 2017

​​​​​
 profilo_geo.msh.gz
<https://drive.google.com/a/ingv.it/file/d/19zHUn9T6deq0q1KeVzeJs0jqAw3uFkaR/view?usp=drive_web>
​​​Dear SpecFem developers

I am using Specfem2D 7.0 with an external mesh (built by gmsh) aimed at
investigating the topographic effect.

My will is to fix the position of the receivers on the topographyc surface.

My understanding is that the parameter "enreg_surf_same_vertical" in the
Par_file cannot be "true" with an external mesh.

I try to set multiple receiver lines in the Par file where (xdeb,zdeb) are
the coordinates of my receivers. The receiver lines (nreceiversets
parameter) are fixed to the same number of receivers, and  nrec is equal to
1 for each receiver line (and for this I do not care of xfin and zfin; see
the end of message).

Unfortunately it does not work, the error message after the run of
xmeshfem2D is

"At line 326 of file ../shared/read_value_parameters.f90
Fortran runtime error: Bad real number in item 1 of list input"

Any suggestion to place receivers on topographic surface with an external
2D mesh is welcome.

The Par_file and my mesh are available as attach

Thanks

Giuseppe

# first receiver line
nrec                            = 1             # number of receivers
xdeb                            = 10.           # first receiver x in meters
zdeb                            = 880.          # first receiver z in meters
xfin                            = 2500.          # last receiver x in
meters (ignored if onlyone receiver)
zfin                            = 870.000427          # last receiver z in
meters (ignored if onlyone receiver)
enreg_surf_same_vertical        = .false.         # receivers inside the
medium or at the surface

# second receiver line
nrec                            = 1             # number of receivers
xdeb                            = 1000.           # first receiver x in
meters
zdeb                            = 1000.          # first receiver z in