[CIG-SEISMO] Compilation Problem with the SPECFEM3D, asking for your help

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Aug 22 16:48:03 PDT 2018

Dear Yang,

This is unrelated to SPECFEM, it is a Linux package that is missing on
your machine. If you have Ubuntu or similar, you can type this:

sudo apt-get install libpciaccess-dev libpciaccess0

On 08/22/2018 02:43 PM, Yang Zhao wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I am currently a visiting scholar at the Department of Earth and
> Planetary Sciences, Macquarie University, collaborating with the
> seismology group.
>
> I am working on the ambient noise adjoint tomography based on
> SPECFEM3D_Cartesian.
> Recently i've downloaded the SPECFEM3D program from your website.
>
> But some problems came to me when I was trying to compile this program.
> After the configuration, when i input the command "make",  it shows this
> error: "ld: cannot find -lpciaccess" and the compilation failed.
> A screenshot of this error is attached for your reference.
>
> Could you please help me to figure out how to solve this problem and how
> to make it successfully?
> I am looking forward to your reply.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Yang Zhao
>
> Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences,
>
> Macquarie University, RM 121, 12 Wally's walk, North Ryde, NSW, 2109
> Australia
>
> email: yang.zhao at mq.edu.au

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr