[CIG-SEISMO] Model error in mesh

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Jul 17 04:26:06 PDT 2018

Dear Edwin,

Thank you for your message. Let me forward it to my colleague Paul
Cristini, who is a Gmsh + SPECFEM expert.
Paul is currently traveling, thus he may need a couple of weeks to send
you an answer.
(he is the author of the
LibGmsh2Specfem_convert_Gmsh_to_Specfem2D_official.py script)

On 07/17/2018 12:20 AM, ed cas wrote:
> Dear developers and users,
>

> I have been trying to produce a readable mesh file
> for specfem2d by using gmsh.
>
> I produced the mesh inside gmsh, I saved the mesh and then paste it to
> the MESH directory
>
> and then run the command
>
> python LibGmsh2Specfem_convert_Gmsh_to_Specfem2D_official.py
> model_shallow_v42 -t A -b A -r A -l A
> That produced the five files in the same directory.
>
> Please find attached the file I have been trying to run (model_shallow_v42).
>
> However, when running specfem2d gives error telling me about Jacobians,
> I have been trying for a couple of days and cannot get with the error, I
> checked the
> line loops and seemsĀ  fineĀ , I have resized the elements and with no
> success.
>
> I was hoping you could help me with this.
> Could you please check my file and indicate me what is wrong with it,
> and any solution.
>
> I would really appreciate your help,
>
> Thank you for your time and help,
>
> Sincerely,

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr