[CIG-SEISMO] problem to read external velocity model

Obermann Anne Christine anne.obermann at sed.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 19 01:09:20 PST 2018

Dear all,
We have never received an answer and would still be very interested in it!!!
Cheers,
Anne

On 12/09/18 19:19, "Dimitri Komatitsch" <komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:

    Hi Anne and Pilar, Hi all,

    Alexis Bottero (cc'ed) will know the answer, he defends his PhD tomorrow
    :-) thus I guess he won't answer this week but next week should be OK.
    Paul Cristini may also know, thus let me cc him as well.

    Best wishes,
    Dimitri.

    On 09/12/2018 10:19 AM, Obermann  Anne Christine wrote:
    > Dear Specfem developers,
    >
    > Using the new version of SPECFEM2D Cartesian 7.0, we encounter a problem
    > reading an external velocity model.
    >
    > Attached, we send you two files, OLD_Model worked well with the older
    > specfem releases (6.1) and the NEW_Model is an example we found for the
    > new version on your site. The structure of the files is apparently
    > different.
    >
    > We have trouble understanding the NEW_Model structure. The counter on
    > the left is interrupted at several occasions (1:25, followed by 5 etc).
    > Could you please let us know what this column represents?
    >
    > Which option do we have to choose in the Par_file? (external or legacy?)
    >
    > Thank you very much!
    >
    > Anne and Pilar

    > Dr. Anne Obermann
    >
    > Senior Researcher
    >
    > Swiss Seismological Service
    >
    > ETH, NO H63, Sonneggstrasse 5, CH-8092 Zurich
    >
    > Tel. +41446337647
    >
    > anne.obermann at sed.ethz.ch <mailto:anne.obermann at sed.ethz.ch>

    Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
    Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
    http://komatitsch.free.fr