[CIG-SEISMO] SW4 surface time history output

Petersson, Anders petersson1 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 29 16:34:55 PST 2018

Hi Erich,
There is currently no such functionality in sw4, but you could output the time history on a fine grid by adding many rec/sac commands in your input file. In the future, it will probably be possible to save all time histories in one HDF5 file based on the ASDF format.
Thanks for your interest in sw4,
Anders

    Hi,

    My name is Erich Herzig and I am a graduate student at the University of
    Washington. I am working with SW4 and I would like an output file with time
    histories for the entire free surface. Basically, a combination of the rec
    and image commands. I am just checking to see if anyone has already done
    this, or if I am missing a way to do it with the current version of the
    code, before I try to make any modifications to the code myself.

    Thank you,
    Erich Herzig