[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D internal mesher

Avinash Nayak avinash07guddu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 11:18:22 PDT 2018

Hi,
I am new to SPECFEM3D. I have 2 questions on this software and I will be
very grateful for your help.
1) Meshing with CUBIT allows one to assign different tomography files with
different discretization intervals to different elements of the mesh. Is it
possible to use the internal mesher xmeshfem3D in the same way with more
than one tomography file ? Any working example will be really helpful.
2) Does the internal mesher  work with perfectly matched layer (CPML) ?
Chapter 4 says xmeshfem3D generated meshes don't support CPML yet but the
example mesh files for xmeshfem3D have some lines with
"THICKNESS_OF_X_PML", etc although the PML_CONDITIONS flag in these
examples is .false.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Avinash