[CIG-SEISMO] problem to read external velocity model

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Sep 12 10:19:01 PDT 2018

Hi Anne and Pilar, Hi all,

Alexis Bottero (cc'ed) will know the answer, he defends his PhD tomorrow
:-) thus I guess he won't answer this week but next week should be OK.
Paul Cristini may also know, thus let me cc him as well.

Best wishes,
Dimitri.

On 09/12/2018 10:19 AM, Obermann  Anne Christine wrote:
> Dear Specfem developers,
>
> Using the new version of SPECFEM2D Cartesian 7.0, we encounter a problem
> reading an external velocity model.
>
> Attached, we send you two files, OLD_Model worked well with the older
> specfem releases (6.1) and the NEW_Model is an example we found for the
> new version on your site. The structure of the files is apparently
> different.
>
> We have trouble understanding the NEW_Model structure. The counter on
> the left is interrupted at several occasions (1:25, followed by 5 etc).
> Could you please let us know what this column represents?
>
> Which option do we have to choose in the Par_file? (external or legacy?)
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Anne and Pilar

> Dr. Anne Obermann
>
> Senior Researcher
>
> Swiss Seismological Service
>
> ETH, NO H63, Sonneggstrasse 5, CH-8092 Zurich
>
> Tel. +41446337647
>
> anne.obermann at sed.ethz.ch <mailto:anne.obermann at sed.ethz.ch>

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr