[CIG-SHORT] New name for Lithomop

cig-short at geodynamics.org cig-short
Sat Feb 12 12:36:55 PST 2005

Charles,

My vote: PyLith.

Kush

>> Due to consistently unfavorable responses to the name 'Lithomop' for
>> my FE code, I'm planning to change the name one last time.  The two
>> candidates at present are:
>>
>> PyLit
>> PyLith
>>
>> Mark Simons favors the first one, but I don't have a strong
>> preference.  The first one is probably easier to say, especially in
>> conjunction with qualifiers (e.g. PyLit3D).  I have googled for both
>> names, and none of the hits I could find are software.  Does anyone
>> have a strong preference, or doesn't think I should change the name?
>> If people are agreeable to this, I will start checking in a new
>> package, probably starting sometime next week.  This might actually
>> make a good place to get started with the pythia-0.8 version of the
>> code.  I promise that this is the very last time I will change the
>> name of the code.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Charles
>>

>> Charles A. Williams
>> Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences
>> Science Center, 2C01B
>> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
>> Troy, NY  12180
>> Phone:    (518) 276-3369
>> FAX:        (518) 276-2012
>> e-mail:    willic3 at rpi.edu

Kush Tandon
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University, COAS Admin. Bldg. 104
Corvallis, OR 97331
Phones: (541) 737-9658 (Office);  (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Fax: (541) 737-2064 (Office); (321) 600-6884 (Home)
Emails: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu; kushtandon at yahoo.com
kt74 at cornell.edu; ktandon at comcast.net
http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?
fuseaction=faculty.detail&id=209