[CIG-SHORT] material model for landers/hector mine benchmark

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 13 11:40:03 PDT 2006

Eric-

Yes, it is possible to setup the codes to work with the material model
that Brad originally proposed. For PyLith-0.8 (and I imagine GeoFEST
as well), it would require some significant recoding of how material
properties are assigned. This is why I proposed a quick and dirty
approach with 10-12 layers that would come close to matching the
structure Brad proposed but not require any recoding.

Brad