[CIG-SHORT] comment on resolution of benchmark problems

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 18 13:20:14 PDT 2006

Carl-

Charles already constructed uniform meshes for both the reverse and
strike-slip cases at resolutions of 1000m, 500m, and 250m. Charles
plans to look at your strike-slip meshes and compare them to his. At
this point, PyLith is hogging memory and the 500m resolution is about
the max doable. Hopefully this will change in the next week and the
250m resolution will be possible.

For variable resolution, the goal is to achieve a more accurate
solution using a variable resolution with the same number of nodes as
the uniform resolutions.

Brad