[CIG-SHORT] ALE::Exception

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 23 17:38:48 PDT 2006

Rowena-

ALE::Exception means that Sieve (the finite-element storage stuff) found an
error. You can try running PyLith inside gdb (-start_in_debugger command line
argument). Enter "continue" at the gdb prompt. Hopefully it will fail inside
gdb so you can type "backtrace" and get a stack trace. If you can send a
stacktrace, that should help identify the problem. Alternatively, send me a
tarball with the input files. Also, let me know if you are running on
multiple processors.

Brad