[CIG-SHORT] Re: GeoFEST runs for strike-slip model (Jiangning L?)

Jiangning Lü Jiangning at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 5 13:10:54 PDT 2006

I tried to run the 500m case in GeoFEST sequential version on my pc,
error also
occurred:
Number of nodes = 117649
nsd = 3  ;  ndof = 3  ;  nrates = 0  ;  save_shape = 1  ;  solver = 2
Start reading boundary info . . .
Correct node tally in Processor = 0
Global b.c. map generated...
Decomposed node and equation totals:
IAM: 0   local numnp = 117649  local neq = 320494
Equation numbering complete...
Coordinate generation complete...
Displacement boundary value generation complete...
Velocity boundary rates generation complete...
Starting element generation...
IAM: 0   local numel = 663552
No surface tractions to process . . .
Split nodes all processed . . .

Generation of element group #1 complete.
Doing shape functions...
Element generation complete.  Setting up linear algebra...
Equation setup completed.
Time data  generation complete...
CPU time = 16.570000
Starting Elastic Soln At: Starting elastic solution...
Calling SOLVER
Bus error

What does it mean by "bus error"?
When I googled, I got this:
If the program displays this message:
	Bus error
or
	Segmentation fault
then the program was trying to access a memory location outside its
address space.  The computer detected this problem and sent a signal to your
program, which caused it to abort.
Things that cause bus errors and segmentation violations are typically
out-of-bounds array references and/or references through uninitialized or
mangled pointers.

Any hints?