[CIG-SHORT] plots of benchmarking results

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 7 21:33:08 PDT 2006

Hi all:

I have plots of some of the benchmarking results posted on the
benchmarking pages. There is a link to the plots page from our main
benchmark page,
http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/workinggroups/eq/workarea/benchmarks/

I will be making some more plots and finishing up the SCEC poster on
Fri. I will post more plots as they become available. Also, the ones
there will probably be replaced with ones with more labels more clearly
identifying the simulations being compared.

Conclusions so far...

* The reverse benchmark results look quite good.

* The strike-slip benchmark doesn't look as good. It appears that the
PyLith solution may have an incorrect boundary condition on the bottom
face of the domain.

* In both cases, there appears to be a slight difference in the time
integration between PyLith and GeoFEST. The displacements at t=1 yr have
greater discrepancies than the displacements at t=0 yr and t=10 yr.