[CIG-SHORT] plots of benchmarking results

Eric Andreas Hetland eah at chandler.mit.edu
Thu Sep 7 21:49:29 PDT 2006

Just one thought, and I may be way off here: but from looking at the
comparisons of the Reverse Slip from the 3 codes to the analytic, it seems
that a large error might be coming from the symmetry BC on the face, and the
reason COMSOL is better is that it does not contain a symmetry BC. Oliver's
notes indicate that he did not use a symmetry BC... It is surprising to be
that the FEs seem to be having trouble with the front symmetry BC on the
reverse slip model, if in fact that is the case here...

- Eric.