[CIG-SHORT] pylith configuration error

Charles Williams willic3 at rpi.edu
Wed Nov 28 14:50:09 PST 2007

Hi Jiangning,

It looks like you still need to install spatialdata.  Make sure you
pull the most recent version from the SVN repository, because it's
changed recently.  Also, just to let you know, there have been some
modifications to PyLith within the last day that hopefully fixed some
problems we were having with faults.  I would do an 'svn update' for
your PyLith directory.

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:18 PM, Jiangning Lu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying compile PyLith from the source repository.  I've
> installed PETSc and
> nemesis. I encounter a configure failure for PyLith.
> The following is the error info:
> checking for PETSc version == 2.3.3... yes
> checking for PetscInitialize... yes (C++)
> checking for petsc.h... yes
> checking whether we can link a trivial C++ PETSc program... yes
> checking for PetscInitialize... yes (C++)
> checking for PETSc/Sieve... yes
> configure: downloading missing Python dependencies
> configure: error: cannot download missing Python dependencies
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> Attached is the config.log file.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Jiangning