[CIG-SHORT] Pytlih -

Charles Williams willic3 at rpi.edu
Mon Sep 3 07:41:40 PDT 2007

Dear Burak,

I've been gone, so I don't know if anyone has responded yet or not,
but I believe your problem is the field you're looking at in the VTK
output.  When I use ParaView, the field that shows up by default is
'Point displacements_verify_t0', which is not useful to you (it's for
debugging).  You want to select 'Point displacements_t0', which
should be a 3-vector (it is in the VTK file you sent).  Try that, and
see if the results make more sense.

On Aug 30, 2007, at 7:36 PM, yikilmaz at geology.ucdavis.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed Pylith 1.0.1 using the pre-built binaries.
> As I
> was going through the examples, I realized that I wasn't able to
> reproduce
> the same results as in the tutorials section. Attached is an
> example of
> axial displacement figure that I get after running pylith
> axialdisp.cfg
> under /examples/twocells/twotri3/
>
> I've also attached the screen output after the command execution. I
> believe the problem is caused by this alien path
> /home/buildbot/install/...
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thank you
>

> Burak Yikilmaz