[CIG-SHORT] Re: PyLith BC help

Charles Williams willic3 at rpi.edu
Mon Sep 3 07:51:28 PDT 2007

Sorry, I've been gone, so I've missed most of this, but my guess is
that the debugger can't recognize the binary because it's a PowerPC
binary and he's running on an Intel Mac using Rosetta (Intel
emulation of PowerPC).  Unfortunately, I don't think CIG can provide
MacIntel binaries right now.  I don't have this problem on my MacBook
Pro because I compile from source.  Some possible solutions are:

1.  Have Rick compile from source.
2.  See if I can put together a binary he can use on my MacBook Pro.
3.  See if it's possible for one of CIG's PowerPC Macs to cross-
compile for Intel.
4.  Fix the broken Mac Mini at CIG.

I'm not sure what the best option  might be.

Charles

Charles A. Williams
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Science Center, 2C01B