[CIG-SHORT] pylith error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Sep 26 15:18:45 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007, Christopher DiCaprio wrote:
> I've added the --enable-pythia flag and redone configure; make; make
> install.  geocoordsmodule.so now exists in $PREFIX/lib/python2.4/site-
> packages/spatialdata/geocoords/
>
> I added the files from proj-datumgrid-1.3.zip to $PREFIX/share/proj.

You need to follow the directions on http://proj.maptools.org where you
downloaded the datum zip file: unzip in the nad directory [IN THE BUILD AND
SOURCE TREE] before configuring to add NAD27/NAD83 and NZGD49 datum
conversion. If configured and built correctly, the files should appear in the
$PREFIX/share/proj directory.

> The libtests (does it know to look for the datum shifts in $PREFIX/
> share/proj?) and pytests still fail.  I've attached the output.

Your config.log file seems to show that the PYTHONPATH is okay. Try Matt's
suggestion and let us know what happens.

> Does pylith link statically to anything in spatialdata or is it OK to
> not rebuild pylith?

If the PyLith C++ library built properly, you shouldn't have to relink any
code. The Python code resolves everything at runtime.