[CIG-SHORT] Hi,question about the Pylith.

Faqi Diao faqidiao at asch.whigg.ac.cn
Sat Dec 6 19:24:10 PST 2008

Dear Ms./Mr.,
  I am a postgraduate student in P. R. China and mainly major in
Geophysics. Recently, I downloaded the software Pylith and want to
do some numarical modeling about the earthquake rupture. I got the
manual and read it carefully, however, there still something  not
easy to understand. So I send the mail to ask your help.

 1) How to get the properties of each settable facilities(components),
    I can get some of that by "help", but the some components such
    as "interfaces" have no settable properties in "help".
 2) If you can supply more material about the relationship of a component
    and its sub-components,such as the property inherition.

  My question perhaps seems primary beacuse I just begin my studying.
Please give me more suggestion about the use of the software.
  Thank your for your kindly help. Waiting for your reply.

Best wishes,

Faqi Diao

 Institute of Geodesy and Geophysics     FAX:+86-27-86783841
 Chinese Academy of Sciences
 340 Xudong St.,Wuhan 430077                  E-Mail:
 P. R. China                        faqidiao at asch.whigg.ac.cn