[CIG-SHORT] Pylith error

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Feb 12 16:09:39 PST 2008

Jiangning-

Are you sure you are not running out of memory? If you are not running out of
memory, then rerun with the debugger to get a stacktrace as described below.

In general, if you ever encounter a segmentation fault when running PyLith
(as you did in this case), you should rerun PyLith and add the command line
argument --petsc.start_in_debugger. This will open up a debugger window when
PyLith starts. Enter "c" at the gdb prompt to continue executing PyLith and
when the error occurs, enter "backtrace" at the gdb prompt to get a
stacktrace where the segmentation fault occurred. Copy the stacktrace to a
text file and sent it along with the run log (stderr + stdout).

Brad