[CIG-SHORT] AGU Fall meeting special session deadline JUNE 13

Eric Andreas Hetland eah at gps.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 11 08:00:26 PDT 2008

Pre-Script: Sorry for the spam, but it would be great if there was some
representation of the short-term crustal deformation community in
Tectonophysics. I know that these topics often go to geodesy, but from being
on the organizing committee last year, I think that these types of sessions
get a bit broader visibility and draw (outside the traditional geodesy
communities) in tectonophysics. The deadline is Friday, but if someone wants
to do a session, let me know off line. Please feel free to pass this email
on to colleagues not on this list.

REMINDER regarding organizing a SPECIAL SESSION for the Fall 2008 AGU
meeting!

Special sessions are an excellent opportunity to highlight a timely research
topic.  The vast majority of abstracts presented at the Fall AGU meetings
are submitted to special session themes, and the most successful sessions
are those that are broad and multidisciplinary.  The success of the AGU
meeting depends on members like you to propose and organize special
sessions.

We particularly encourage young scientists to consider proposing a session.

The deadline for proposing special sessions is rapidly approaching: Friday,
June 13, 2008.

Proposals should be submitted through the web interface at:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm08/program/program_main_SessionProposal.php

If you have questions or need more information, feel free to contact a
member of the Fall planning committee The program committee is listed below.
Please send your message to all three of us for the most expedient response.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco in December!

Fall 2008 AGU Program Committee

Marin Clark
marinkc at umich.edu
734-615-0484