[CIG-SHORT] PyLith and PETSc development versions

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed May 14 15:23:21 PDT 2008

Tabrez-

The development version of petsc-dev is constantly undergoing change. The
errors you are getting are a result of changes in petsc-dev that have been
propagated to the pylith development version since the PyLith 1.1.2 release.

If you want to use the pylith development version, you need to use the petsc
development version (and keep it updated). This is why we have to post the
petsc-dev source code that corresponds to each pylith release.

If you build the petsc-development version and get errors, follow the
instructions dumped to the screen (email the configure and build logs to
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov). If you have a working petsc-dev version and the
pylith development version fails to build, please send us the config.log and
create a make.log (i.e., make >& make.log) with the errors.

Brad