[CIG-SHORT] 3D fault slip

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 20 09:03:52 PDT 2008

Yaru-

Your spatial database file looks okay (I could be overlooking some small
error). There are some things you can do to try to track down the problem:

1. Check to make sure your coordinate systems are consistent.

2. Check that the settings for the fault are what you want (i.e.,
use --timedependent.interfaces.fault.eq_srcs.rupture.slip_function.help-components
and help-properties command line arguments).

3. As Tabrez mentioned, the slip.query_type parameter controls whether nearest
point or linear interpolation is used (start with nearest point setting). If
the fault is planar, you should use data-dim=2. If you use data-dim=3 and
linear interpolation, then PyLith needs a volume of points from which to
interpolate onto the fault surface.

Brad