[CIG-SHORT] Three questions about pylith

Ikuo Cho ikuo-chou at aist.go.jp
Tue Sep 16 14:40:42 PDT 2008

Dear Tbrez and Brad

Tbrez,

> So you can write a small shell script to fix the filenames or simply
> use an appropriate value for the "writer.time_constant" (see p.45 in
> the manual). For example
> writer.time_constant = 31557600000000.0*s

I have installed Pylith Version 1.3.0 and tried this option, which seems
 good. Thank you for giving your idea.

Brad,

> This error metric measures the absolute error, not the relative error.
> Assuming   the uncertainty of observations scales with the strength of
> the observation (e.g., magnitude of the displacement at the site of a
> GPS receiver), the absolute error is more relevant.

I understand your opinion.

> The benchmarks are kept in sync with the development version of PyLith.
> We have only made minor bug fixes and feature enhancements since the
> release of version 1.3.0, so the benchmarks should work with PyLith 1.3.0.

Now I have tried again the same problem after installing the new version
1.3.0, and made sure that Pylith works well.  Thank you for the rapid
reply.

--
Cho Ikuo <ikuo-chou at aist.go.jp>