[CIG-SHORT] Updating short-term tectonics working group priorities

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Apr 16 16:18:59 PDT 2009

Short-term tectonics community:

A couple weeks ago CIG hosted a workshop on Opportunities and Challenges in
Computational Geophysics. Much of the discussion was directed towards
updating and formulating new short-term and long-term goals. Several of us
from the short-term tectonics community participated, and I have summarized
the updated list of goals and on the CIG website
(http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/workinggroups/short/workarea/planning/priorities2009/plans2009/).

I encourage all of you to take a few minutes to read this summary and provide
feedback (there is a comment button at the bottom of the summary). Your
comments will help in preparing the proposal for ongoing support of CIG over
the next couple of months.

In late May or early June a draft of the proposal to NSF for continued funding
of CIG will be available and the entire community will be invited to comment.

Thanks,