[CIG-SHORT] Problem running Pylith binary on 64-bit Mac OS X

Isabelle Ryder izryder at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 6 12:57:43 PST 2009

Hi Brad/Matt

Thanks for your suggestions. Changing the debug option to 0 didn't work, but
commenting out the line

start_in_debugger = true

in pylithapp.cfg has solved the problem. Now all the viscoelastic examples
in the twocells/twohex8 directory have run to completion. The outputs match
the jpg sample figures provided: so can we assume that execution was merely
getting "interrupted" as it were by the debugger, without there being a
serious computational issue...?

Isabelle

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov> wrote:

> Isabelle-
>
> Another difference between the 3d/hex8 examples and the twocells/twohex8
> example, is the
>
> [pylithapp.mesh_generator]
> debug = 1
>
> in twocells/twohex8/pylithapp.cfg. Change this to
>
> [pylithapp.mesh_generator]
> debug = 0
>
> and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Dr Isabelle Ryder
Lecturer in Geophysics
Dept of Earth & Ocean Sciences
University of Liverpool