[CIG-SHORT] An error when executing Pylith built from source in 64bit machine

ryuta.imai at mizuho-ir.co.jp ryuta.imai at mizuho-ir.co.jp
Wed Feb 11 21:03:13 PST 2009

Dear Dr.Prof. Matthew Knepley and Dr.Prof. Brad Aagaard,

Thank you for your advice.

I did the PETsc test and confirmed that it works succesfully.
Then I found that nemesis installation is not correct.

When I did as follows:
   cd $NEMESIS_DIR
   ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cig

configure error message said that
   checking for mpicc... mpicc
   checking for C compiler default output file name...
   See `config.log' for more details.

In the file 'config.log' , the following message was written:
   configure:2823: mpicc  -I/home/rimai/cig/include -L/home/rimai/cig/lib
conftest\
   .c  >&5
   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpich
   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

# By the way, I selected mpich2 installation when PETsc was installed.
# ./config/configure --with-mpi=1 --download-mpich=1 ......

Now, I cannot find what I should do. I hope you will give me some advice
again.

Sincerely,
Ryuta Imai