[CIG-SHORT] Cubit tet mesh not being read into pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Oct 22 11:56:54 PDT 2009

Oliver-

Another potential source for getting this error is that there is an
error in the topology of the mesh.  My guess is that locally refining
the mesh is introducing inconsistencies in the topology of the mesh.
Does the refined mesh look okay in ParaView (it can read Exodus files)?
Also use the quality filters available in ParaView to try to find any
topology issues.

The response above applies to both tet and hex meshes, but it is not
clear whether you are using a tet mesh or a hex mesh. Your lastest
message refers to a hex mesh but your earlier email refers to a tet mesh.

Brad