[CIG-SHORT] Bug in PyLith v1.4.x for viscoelastic solution

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Apr 2 17:39:10 PDT 2010

PyLith users:

We found a bug in PyLith 1.4.2 (applies to v1.4.0 and v1.4.1 as well)
related to updating the state variables for the viscoelastic solution
when the physical properties vary within a material. The physical
properties were not being retrieved for each finite-element cell during
the update of the state variables. Instead, the values last accessed
were being used. Many thanks to Ikuo Cho for reporting a problem that
led to finding the bug.

The bug has been fixed in the development version. Please let me know if
you would like a bugfix release and whether you want just the source
tarball or would like binaries as well. We will be releasing v1.5.0 in
June that will include new features as well as all bug fixes since v1.4.2.