[CIG-SHORT] Bug in PyLith v1.4.x for viscoelastic solution

Ikuo Cho ikuo-chou at aist.go.jp
Thu Apr 8 18:17:24 PDT 2010

Dear PyLith Developers

> Please let me know if
> you would like a bugfix release and whether you want just the source
> tarball or would like binaries as well. We will be releasing v1.5.0 in
> June that will include new features as well as all bug fixes since v1.4.2.

I am tring to install a bugfix version from the repository. However, it
seems difficult for me. Therefore, I would like a binary for Linux X86_64 (pylith-1.4.X-linux-x86_64.tgz)
if I can. Please let me know how and when I can receive one.

Ikuo

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 17:39:10 -0700
Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov> wrote:

> PyLith users:
>
> We found a bug in PyLith 1.4.2 (applies to v1.4.0 and v1.4.1 as well)
> related to updating the state variables for the viscoelastic solution
> when the physical properties vary within a material. The physical
> properties were not being retrieved for each finite-element cell during
> the update of the state variables. Instead, the values last accessed
> were being used. Many thanks to Ikuo Cho for reporting a problem that
> led to finding the bug.
>
> The bug has been fixed in the development version. Please let me know if
> you would like a bugfix release and whether you want just the source
> tarball or would like binaries as well. We will be releasing v1.5.0 in
> June that will include new features as well as all bug fixes since v1.4.2.

Ikuo Cho  ( ikuo-chou at aist.go.jp )
Geological Survey of Japan,
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Tsukuba Central 7, Tsukuba 305-8567 Japan
Tel +81-29-861-3891, Fax +81-29-861-3682