[CIG-SHORT] bug in PyLith-1.5.0: output of velocity and acceleration fields

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 15 10:13:19 PDT 2010

PyLith users:

We have found a bug in PyLith 1.5.0. The dimensionalization of the
velocity and acceleration fields for output is incorrect. It uses just
the length scale and does not account for the time scale. Thanks to
Vanessa Heckman for pointing out this problem.

We will do a bugfix release as soon as possible (some binaries will be
posted as early as later Fri Jul 16). If anyone else has found something
suspicious in 1.5.0, please let us know immediately so we can include
the fixes in v1.5.1.