[CIG-SHORT] Pylith Mesh 3D

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:41:54 PST 2010

Hi Huidong,

If you are just looking for a very simple example of a file in PyLith Mesh ASCII format in 3D, you can find one in examples/twocells/twohex8 (twohex8.mesh).

Why do you want PyLith mesh format?  It was really just designed for simple test problems.  For larger problems, I would assume you would want to use a mesh generator.

On 16/11/2010, at 5:14 AM, Huidong Yang wrote:

> Hello Pylith Team,
>
> I am looking for a Pylith Mesh file in 3D, for instance a cube with boundary specifications.  Could be possible to tell me that wher I can download such a mesh file.  I tried to read from the tutorial. There only have a 2D example.  The boundary specification is not so clear to me.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dr. Huidong Yang
> Research Scientist Direct Field Problems
> Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (RICAM)
> Altenbergerstraße 69, A-4040 Linz, Austria
>
> E-Mail:        huidong.yang at oeaw.ac.at
> Office Telephone:        +43 732 2468 5257
> Fax:        +43 2468 5412

Charles A. Williams
Scientist
GNS Science