[CIG-SHORT] reference books about PyLith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 16 16:23:58 PDT 2011

Qian Gao:

The PyLith manual section on the fault interface conditions does not
contain all of the details of the method. If you have specific
questions, then feel free to ask. Most of the mathematics covered in
sections 6.4.4.1 and 6.4.5.1 can be derived directly from the governing
equations (equations 6.20 or 6.43) with some algrabra and are not
covered in any books or papers that I am aware of. If you would like
more detail about the Lagrange multiplier approach for specifying
constraints, then I suggest reviewing the relevant sections of a
Calculus text.