[CIG-SHORT] Running Pylith on a cluster

hyang at whoi.edu hyang at whoi.edu
Tue Dec 6 09:44:36 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have successfully built the latest Pylith on a linux cluster (centOS 5.5 with
openmpi). Then I followed the instruction in the Pylith manual "running without
a batch system" by specifying nodegen and nodelist info in mymachines.cfg.

But running pylith examples.cfg mymachines.cfg only launch pylith on the master
node, not the nodes that I specified in the mymachines.cfg file. Indeed an
output file mpirun.nodes shows that the nodes have been recognized by Pylith
but somehow it did not send the job to them. Has anyone encountered this
problem before, and would you please show me how to fix it?

Thanks,

Hongfeng