[CIG-SHORT] error with druckerprager3d materials/launching a parallel PyLith job

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Dec 5 09:01:57 PST 2011

Luigi,

Based on your description it looks like you are not using consistent
names for the materials. The names you use for assigning material
properties, for example

materials = [mymat1,mymat2,mymat3]

must be used anywhere else you refer to the materials. For example,

[pylithapp.problem.materials.mymat1]
writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5Mesh

As Charles mentioned, we can't be sure of the error without the .cfg files.

Your parallel error appears to be associated with an MPI issue. The
binaries we provide only work on a single machine and cannot be used on
a cluster. If you use the PyLith installer to run on a cluster, make
sure you use MPI appropriate for the hardware. Most of the time, system
administrators will build MPI on a cluster so that users do not have to
build it.

Brad