[CIG-SHORT] error in cubit for the 2D subduction zone example

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Jun 22 12:20:23 PDT 2011

Hi all:

David was able to run the example after he turned off the undo feature.

You can turn off undo either using the GUI (Edit->(uncheck) Enable Undo)
or clicking on the undo icon (flag) to toggle in the toolbar, or by
running the command "undo off".

I do not use the undo feature, preferring to just start over by running
commands in the journal file. The undo command is probably more useful
if you are not using journal files and just using the GUI. It will use
more memory and, as we are finding out, it appears to be prone to errors.

 From the CUBIT manual on what undo does and doesn't do:

Cubit has an undo capability. To enable the Undo feature click on the
"Enable Undo" button on the Toolbar.
	  Enable Undo Button

Alternatively to turn undo on and off, the following command may be used
in the command line:

              undo {on|off}

The Undo capability is implemented for geometry commands including
webcutting, geometry creation, transformations, and booleans. Multiple
undos are also allowed. The commands will be undone in reverse order of
their execution.
Limitations

     The undo button is not currently enabled for most meshing commands

Brad